That's it ! The LOM law
concerning the circulation of electric scooters has passed. Is it still a little vague for you? Mobilboard will enlighten you. Where should you travel ?
What happens if you don't follow the traffic rules?
- In built-up areas, electric scooters must circulate on cycle paths.
- If there are no cycle paths, you can circulate:
- on roads with a maximum speed between 30 and 50 km / h
- on pedestrian areas provided you respect the pace of the step and not cause discomfort to pedestrians.
- You are not allowed to drive on the sidewalks. Or drive it by hand without using the engine.
But then where to stroll in Nice ?
- If you do not follow the traffic rules or if you ride together on the machine, you will have € 35 fine (2nd class)
- If you travel on a sidewalk without authorization or if you mount a user under 12, you will have up to 135 € fine (4th class).
Our agency is located a stone's throw from the Promenade des Anglais. We advise you to go directly to the Promenade. Then two options are available to you:
- You can travel all along the Promenade des Anglais on the cycle path to Cagnes-sur-Mer.
- Or go to the side of the Port to climb up the hill of the castle by taking the road side (continuing on the side of the war memorial). At the castle hill, you can admire the different views of the port, the Baie des Anges and old Nice. Cool off at the waterfall and learn a little more about the history of Nice. Indeed, several panels describe the history of the Castle hill.
List of all the cycle paths and cycle paths where you can ride in Nice:https://www.nicecotedazur.org/uploads/media_items/r%C3%A9seau-cyclable-nice-centre.original.pdf Summary of the main rules :
Decree n ° 2019-1082 of 23 October 2019 relating to the regulation of personal displacement vehicles.
- You must behave carefully for your own safety and that of others.
- Electric scooters are for personal use only. Do not carry a passenger.
- You must be at least 12 years old to be allowed to ride an electric scooter.
- Wearing a helmet is not compulsory but it is highly recommended.
- It is forbidden to wear earphones or any device likely to emit sound.
Find all the information to respect the rules of circulation of electric scooters