Segway Tour Versailles - Versailles Park 2 hours
- To (re)discover the Park of the Château de Versailles from a different angle
- To learn how to drive a Segway gyro-pod
It is 10:00 am, you had dreamed of a park just for you! Choose this tour a little away from the crowd. It is ideal for those who have never been to the end of the Grand Canal.
- Time: 10:00 am
- Distance covered : about 10 km
- Duration of the tour : 2h00 (10min training - 1h50min walk)
- Guaranteed departure : from 2 persons
- Route: Apollo's Basin, Grand Canal Tour, Grand & Petit Trianon, Queen's Hamlet
Segway© gyropode stand in the Park of the Château de Versailles
Meet your guide on the Segway© stand in the Park of the Palace of Versailles. You will start with an initiation to the Segway© gyropod driving and a presentation of the safety rules.
The Apollo Basin and the Perspective
You are in the heart of the Château de Versailles domain between the Petit Parc or the Jardins à la Française and the Grand Parc. Take a souvenir pose on your Segway© gyropod with the Château of Versailles behind you! The Gardens are not accessible by Segway© gyro-pod, so don't hesitate to cross them on foot, especially during the days of the Great Waters with the music and the water fountains.
The Grand Trianon
The Grand Trianon was built by Jules Hardouin-Mansart in 1687 on the site of the "Trianon de Porcelaine", which Louis XIV had built in 1670 to escape the splendor of the Court and to shelter his love affair with Madame de Montespan. The Grand Trianon is without doubt the most refined set of buildings in the entire Versailles estate.
The Little Trianon
In 1758, Louis XV envisaged the construction of a new small castle in the middle of the gardens that he had been developing and embellishing for the past ten years. He commissioned Ange-Jacques Gabriel, his first architect, to build a pavilion of sufficient size to accommodate his suite and himself. Gabriel signed here a true manifesto of neoclassical architecture, a perfect example of the "Greek style" fashion that was then spreading in Europe.
It is a dependency of the Petit Trianon. It was commissioned during the winter of 1782-1783 by Queen Marie-Antoinette who wanted to get away from the constraints of the Versailles court, with the nostalgia of a more rustic life, in a natural setting inspired by the writings of Rousseau, a small paradise where theater and festivities would make her forget her condition as queen.
|Rate / person||From 55 €|
12 years old
Details of the formula
The package includes
The formula does not include
Good to know
- Departure from the Segway© gyropode stand in the Park of the Château de Versailles (at the edge of the Grand Canal, on the left when you have the Château in your back)
- Prior training of about 10 minutes.
- For your safety, all our outings are supervised by a certified Segway instructor.
- Equipment to bring : clothes adapted to the weather, comfortable shoes
- Number of participants : from 2 to 14 persons
- By reservation only. Departure times to be consulted on the Mobilboard Booking calendar.
- A 50% deposit is required to validate a reservation (PayPal / Mobilboard Booking / in store).
Special conditions of use
- Minimum weight 45 kg and maximum 120 kg.
- Prohibited for pregnant women and children under 12 years old
- Helmets and sanitary protections are mandatory.
- 7 days before the departure date: no cancellation fee will be applied.
- 3 to 6 days before the scheduled departure date, a 50% cancellation fee will be applied.
- 2 days before the scheduled departure date, a cancellation fee of 100% will be applied.
In case of bad weather conditions a gift card is sent to you.