Where should you drive ?
That's it ! The LOM law
concerning the circulation of electric scooters is passed. Still a bit hazy for you? Mobilboard helps you see more clearly.
What happens if you don't obey the traffic rules?
- In built-up areas, electric scooters must circulate on cycle paths.
- If there are no cycle paths, you can circulate:
- on roads with a maximum speed between 30 and 50 km / h
- on pedestrian areas provided that the pace is respected and that pedestrians are not disturbed.
- You are not allowed to walk on the sidewalks. Or drive it by hand and without using the engine.
- Note that any machine with a base is strictly prohibited under penalty of a heavy fine.
So where to go for a walk in Nice ?
- If you do not follow the traffic rules or if you ride together on the machine, you will have € 35 fine (2nd class)
- If you travel on a sidewalk without authorization or if you mount a user under 12, you will have up to 135 € fine (4th class).
- The maximum authorized speed is 25 km / h by default.
The city has more than a hundred km of cycle paths which will allow you to walk.
Our Rental + Sale agency is located a stone's throw from the Promenade des Anglais. We advise you to go directly to the Promenade. Then two optionsavailable to you:
Summary of the main rules :
- You can travel all along the Promenade des Anglais on the cycle path to Cagnes-sur-Mer.
- Or go towards the Port to go up to the castle hill by taking the small road (it starts just after the war memorial on your left). Once on the castle hill, you can admire the different views of the port, the Baie des Anges and old Nice. Cool off at the waterfall and learn a little more about the history of Nice. Indeed, several panels describe the history of Castle Hill. It is easy to walk around and the attendance is generally low.
- Ask us for your Plan-Itineraries to go even further and discover Nice or simply stroll easily on the hills of Nice, Villefranche sur Mer or Antibes / Juan les Pins.
- You must behave cautiously for your own safety and the safety of others.
- Electric scooters are for personal use only. Do not carry a passenger.
- Any seated machine is prohibited !!!
- You must be at least 12 years old to be eligible to ride an electric scooter.
- Helmets are compulsory for children under 14, but only strongly recommended for others.
- It is forbidden to wear headphones or any device likely to emit sound.
- Your Scooter must be equipped with front and rear lights, brakes, an audible warning device and reflective devices.
- Do not exceed the default speed of 25 km / h. If it is not specified in the decree, scooters whose engine can exceed this figure are quite simply prohibited from circulation.
Decree n ° 2019-1082 of October 23, 2019 relating to the regulation of personal travel vehicles. But then which models to buy to be in good standing ?
How can you be sure that the model complies with the law and that you will not have a fine or worse seizure of the material?
Our experts are there to inform you and guide you towards the model (s) best suited to your needs and your use.
Since 2008, the Mobilboard Nice agency has been an official reseller of the biggest soft mobility brands on the market.Our experts will be able to advise you so that you can buy without making mistakes. (Ninebot by Segway, Xiaomi, Inokim, e-TWOW, Joyor and many more).
We go further with the " Test before you buy ".
Test Drive packages allowing you to compare a wide choice of Scooters. Try up to 5 models: 5 hours rental included to compare their performance on your favorite trips!
And in addition the Test rental is refunded if you buy one of our new or used models.
Soft mobility has never been so accessible ...
Find all the information to respect the traffic rules for electric scooters.